TAO for Health Systems & Hospitals
Value-based care is driving health systems and hospitals to take a holistic approach on population management strategies.
Behavioral Health Issues Have a Direct Correlation on Costs & Outcomes
- 18% of adults in the US have a mental, behavioral, or emotional disorder
- 60% of patients who have a chronic physical illness also suffer from depression and anxiety
- At U.S. hospitals, about 13% of mental health discharges are readmitted within 30 days
- Mental illness treatment accounts for $80 billion of total health spending
- Mental health and substance use disorders are the leading causes of disease burden in the U.S.
- Among comparable countries, the U.S. has the highest rate of death from mental health and substance abuse disorders
- 4 in 10 Americans know someone who has been addicted to prescription painkillers
- At U.S. hospitals,10% of substance use discharges are readmitted within 30 days
- Cost is the most commonly reported barrier to using mental health services
Source: Kaiser Family Foundation, Peterson Kaiser Health System Tracker, Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project, National Inpatient Sample
Increase Access - Drive Engagement - Improve Outcomes
TAO empowers your patients to be engaged in their therapy after discharge, while simultaneously providing your clinicians with real-time data analytics and reporting on the patient's well-being, utilization, and overall satisfaction.
Improve Continuum of Care
- Understanding Patient Behavior
- Measuring Progress & Outcome
- Patient Satisfaction
- Provider Capacity
We benchmarked outcomes for 700 patients treated with TAO at 15 mental health clinics with a published study of outcomes for 25 mental health clinics. Patients treated with TAO had more improvement than patients in traditional therapy on several scales.
Owen, J.J., Adelson, J., Budge, S., Kopta, S.M., Reese, R. J., (2014). Good-enough level and dose-effect models: Variation among outcomes and therapists. Psychotherapy Research: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10503307.2014.966346